This work comes from a series designed by Sam Wagner using what Sam calls "Self inflicted restrictions" or rules or producing the work.
By adding "rules" that the work must follow, it creates a balance to the work that is hard to describe but easily understood once seen.
Rules for this work:
- All line segments are black and must be Vertical horizontal or at a 45 degree angle
- Vertical lines may interact/overlap with one another up to 4 times
- Angled lines may interact/overlap with one another up to 3 times
- Circles are gold when they do not interact with lines.
- When a line interacts with one another or a circle in must be leafed in silver
- Circles can interact with at most two lines simultaneously. If a circle interacts with two lines, the gold & silver rule is reversed where they overlap.